When a death occurs we are here to ensure everything is taken care of in a professional manner.
These services include:-
- Liaising with Hospital/Nursing home
- Making the arrangements with the Church/Cemetary or Crematorium.
- Advising on content and arranging publication of announcements for newspapers/radio.
- Advising and assisting in the selection of the coffin.
- Advising and assisting in selection of clothing
- Providing/Arranging transport at the removal and funeral
- Advising and assisting in relation to:
Fees and Gratuities
The cost of a funeral is made up of two charges.
- Charges by the Funeral Director, to include the coffin, the removal of the deceased, the embalming of the body, and our professional fee for the arrangement and co-ordination of the funeral.
- Disbursements paid out by us on your behalf to include grave purchase, grave opening and closing, cremation fees, newspapers, radio stations, organist, soloist, church offerings and gratuities.
The cost of each funeral will vary depending on the funeral chosen. We will provide you with an estimate of the cost based on your wishes. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for details of the cost of a funeral.
Demand for cremation has grown significantly in Ireland in recent times. In many respects it is exactly the same as the more traditional funeral rite, however there are some important and practical differences. When the funeral cortege arrives at the crematorium chapel, there can be a short committal ceremony following which the coffin is transferred to the cremator. The remains (ashes) are later placed in an urn for disposal. The options for disposal are:-
- Private Disposal
- Interment or scattering at a garden of remembrance
- Interment in a columbarium wall
We will arrange and advise you on all the necessary documentation necessary in relation to the cremation.
Please contact us for any queries on cremation.
As professional members of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors, we are fully equipped and carefully manage all aspects of repatriation including:-
- obtaining the necessary documentation in the locality
- presenting the documentation to procure permits for the destination country
- preparing the body for shipment
- completing all travel arrangements
- advising on the cost involved
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries on Repatriation.